Shell Beach at sunset. Picture taken from the Pismo Preserve.
Central Coast Chapter Meetings
Saturday, December 11th, 2021
12 pm: Gather & socialize, and drop off your food and plants.
1:00 pm: Lunch begins
Bring: a dish to share, and contribute plants to the annual Plant Exchange.
There will be available tables and chairs for indoor and outdoor seating. You may dine wherever you prefer.
After lunch we'll hold our plant exchange outside, weather permitting!
We won't be having a formal presentation this year. Come enjoy the good food, plant exchange, and vote in our annual election!
Prior to the outbreak of coronavirus, our meetings were usually held the afternoon of the 2nd Saturday of the month, except in February when it was held on the 4th Saturday. In general we gathered at 1pm for socializing and refreshments, then the meeting begins at 1:30.
Most of our meetings were open to the public. We encourage the public to join and learn with us!
Please check out our meeting manners prior to attending.
No pets at any meeting, please!
Our Best CRFG Manners While Visiting Homes, Nurseries, Growers, etc.
1. We never bring pets to meetings/tours and we never even ask if we may!
2. We do our best to use public facilities or our own restroom before the meeting.
3. We do our best not to ask to go inside the hosts’ home.
4. We never pick fruit, flowers, foliage, weeds, seed pods and we never even ask.
5. We do our best to car pool and park with great respect to our host and the neighborhood.
6. We never talk when our host is talking. We do our best to stay up close when given a tour.
7. We never “take over” the tour and tell everyone how we do it at our home!!
8. We have thoughtful questions but try not to ask questions that embarrass our host.
9. We do our best to help our host feel good, feel appreciated. We clean up our mess.
10. We stay on the path, with our host …and never go walking around on our own unless given permission by the host.
11. At the end of the tour, we make a special effort to thank the host. We “gather up” and have some sort of “closure” to the tour.
12. We even write thank you notes when we get home, especially if we asked a lot of questions, were impressed, were surprised, were treated well. We write thank you notes even when we are not the leader!