Shell Beach at sunset
Central Coast Chapter Meetings
Due to the coronavirus outbreak, all meetings in the near future have been canceled.
Prior to the coronavirus outbreak, our meetings were usually held the afternoon of the 2nd Saturday of the month, except in February when it was held on the 4th Saturday. In general we gathered at 1pm for socializing and refreshments, then the meeting begins at 1:30.
Most of our meetings were open to the public. We encourage the public to join and learn with us!
Please check out our meeting manners prior to attending.
No pets at any meeting, please!
There will be no meetings in the near future due to coronavirus concerns. We hope you have fun making planting beds, planting seeds and seedlings, pruning trees, and playing with plants in your front and back yards, balconies, decks, patios, and/or window boxes!
Our Best CRFG Manners While Visiting Homes, Nurseries, Growers, etc.
1. We never bring pets to meetings/tours and we never even ask if we may!
2. We do our best to use public facilities or our own restroom before the meeting.
3. We do our best not to ask to go inside the hosts’ home.
4. We never pick fruit, flowers, foliage, weeds, seed pods and we never even ask.
5. We do our best to car pool and park with great respect to our host and the neighborhood.
6. We never talk when our host is talking. We do our best to stay up close when given a tour.
7. We never “take over” the tour and tell everyone how we do it at our home!!
8. We have thoughtful questions but try not to ask questions that embarrass our host.
9. We do our best to help our host feel good, feel appreciated. We clean up our mess.
10. We stay on the path, with our host …and never go walking around on our own unless given permission by the host.
11. At the end of the tour, we make a special effort to thank the host. We “gather up” and have some sort of “closure” to the tour.
12. We even write thank you notes when we get home, especially if we asked a lot of questions, were impressed, were surprised, were treated well. We write thank you notes even when we are not the leader!