Shell Beach at sunset. Picture taken from the Pismo Preserve.
Central Coast Chapter Meetings
July 10th Meeting Will Be "In-Person!"
At noon Alisha is providing lunch! Please RSVP with Alisha (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that she can have an accurate headcount. Why not do it now before you forget?
After lunch we'll have our plant swap.
Have you propagated or otherwise accumulated a bunch of plants during the pandemic? Here's your chance to exchange them with others or just give them away. Bring your bug-free, snail-free, weed-free plants to this meeting. No citrus.
Again, be sure to RSVP with Alisha so she can get an accurate head count for lunch:
Bring: a folding chair, water, hat, and suitable shoes for working in the Orchard. Also wear long sleeves and pants and insect repellent to protect yourselves against the black flies/no-see-ums in the Orchard.
Be sure to check this website closer to the date of this event as the meeting is still in the planning stages and details are subject to change.
July will be our first “in person” meeting since the Pandemic hit.
The July 10th Chapter meeting will be held in the CRFG Orchard.
It will starts with a work party from 9am-12pm. Please bring your own tools: shovels, rakes, clippers, hoes, etc. Get a workout hoeing weeds, digging out invasive grasses, removing suckers, raking, painting trunks and limbs to prevent them from burning, or replacing the shingles on the kiosk roof. Or just come and try out the swing Jesse made!
Also bring: folding chairs, water, sun screen, insect repellent, shoes suitable for walking in the orchard, hat, long sleeves and long pants to help protect against black flies/no-see-ums.
Prior to the outbreak of coronavirus, our meetings were usually held the afternoon of the 2nd Saturday of the month, except in February when it was held on the 4th Saturday. In general we gathered at 1pm for socializing and refreshments, then the meeting begins at 1:30.
Most of our meetings were open to the public. We encourage the public to join and learn with us!
Please check out our meeting manners prior to attending.
No pets at any meeting, please!
Our Best CRFG Manners While Visiting Homes, Nurseries, Growers, etc.
1. We never bring pets to meetings/tours and we never even ask if we may!
2. We do our best to use public facilities or our own restroom before the meeting.
3. We do our best not to ask to go inside the hosts’ home.
4. We never pick fruit, flowers, foliage, weeds, seed pods and we never even ask.
5. We do our best to car pool and park with great respect to our host and the neighborhood.
6. We never talk when our host is talking. We do our best to stay up close when given a tour.
7. We never “take over” the tour and tell everyone how we do it at our home!!
8. We have thoughtful questions but try not to ask questions that embarrass our host.
9. We do our best to help our host feel good, feel appreciated. We clean up our mess.
10. We stay on the path, with our host …and never go walking around on our own unless given permission by the host.
11. At the end of the tour, we make a special effort to thank the host. We “gather up” and have some sort of “closure” to the tour.
12. We even write thank you notes when we get home, especially if we asked a lot of questions, were impressed, were surprised, were treated well. We write thank you notes even when we are not the leader!